Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Loving the Dutch Life


I really can't believe my time in Maastricht is coming to an end! The past 8 weeks have been an amazing chance to learn more about myself and about this big, beautiful world we live in. I've seen so many incredible sights, been to 10 countries, experienced joys and frustrations, and have grown in my faith through it all.

I'm sure sometimes it might seem like all I do over here is travel, but I must assure you that I've been busy with school work as well. With our literature class I was required to read eight books, and for my Media Markets class I have written my fair share of press releases, feature stories, news leads, and persuasive pieces. All that being said, this week has kind of been a rude awakening as we've realized that these last few days pretty much count the most towards our grades. We've all been swamped with papers to write, presentations to prepare, and finals to study for. On Monday night I had my Writing for Media Markets final exam and then stayed up until 4:30 the next morning trying to perfect my 10-page paper for my Modernism and Beyond literature class. Three short hours later, I was awake again to face the day! On Tuesday night the Center for European Studies hosted a Farewell Reception for us. It was really nice; we all got dressed up and went to one of the university's little reception halls where we got to relax for a few hours and were given our parting gift - a Maastricht University t-shirt! Wednesday brought more studying, and then I took my last final this afternoon!! Oh sweet bliss, it feels so good to be done with classes... and kind of weird to think that this is technically "summer" for me!

With finals and everything going on, I didn't have a chance to update about my weekend in Amsterdam, but here are some photos to tide you over until I have a chance to write.















Keukenhof Gardens in Holland
It's tulip season!


























No comments:

Post a Comment